Blog

Project Update – DHA IX Town Lahore and Genuine Buyers

Defence Housing Authority (DHA) has the perfect option available for genuine buyers on a budget – DHA IX Town. While some of you may not agree with us calling DHA IX Town affordable, the fact remains that property here is cheaper by over 25% when compared to Phase VII – the cheapest DHA phase where property possession is available. So naturally, genuine buyers who dominate the market for DHA Lahore are currently more interested in DHA IX Town.

We have prepared this exclusive piece by gathering the latest information on DHA IX Town from Royal Estate’s Muhammad Asif.

Project details

DHA IX Town is located on Bedian Road and shares its boundaries with Phase XI Prism, Phase VI and Askari XI. The society has its main entrance via Avenue 7 of Phase VI, which passes through Phase VIII from the back, where it’s called the Commercial Broadway.

Please note that Bedian Road is planned to become a 200-feet wide road. As and when that happens, the neighbourhood will become even more accessible from Cantt and the Airport Road via Bhatta Chowk.

The project comprises five blocks. Earlier this year, the DHA released the new map for the society, in which new land was included in Sector E featuring 1-kanal and 2-kanal plot files. Asif has told us that these are army category plots, allotted to retired and serving officers. These plot files are not available in the market for resale, he added.

In addition to new plots in Block E, the new map also includes a proper Central Commercial Area (CCA) in Block E, according to Asif. These commercial plots face the Main Boulevard, which is also known as Avenue 7.

When we asked if DHA can acquire more land for DHA IX Town and launch more such extensions in the future, Asif told us that it is very much a possibility because the town is surrounded by villages on both its sides. He believes that whenever more land is acquired, the DHA will launch extensions for Blocks A and E because these are the two blocks that share a boundary with neighbouring villages.

A look at the rates

Block A

This block is located opposite Block B on Avenue 7, and it has local settlements on the western and northern boarders. At the moment, development work here has been completed by over 95%, and possession has also been granted. Here are the rates Asif shared with us:

Plot size Price range
5-marla PKR 4,500,000 – PKR 6,500,000
8-marla PKR 7,800,000 – PKR 9000,000
10-marla PKR 12,500,000 – PKR 13,000,000

Block B

Block B is over 85% developed and property possession has already been granted. On the remaining 15% of the area without possession, development is currently underway. It is located opposite Block A on the society’s main boulevard, which connects it with Phase VI via Bedian Road. Block B features 5-marla residential plots only. Here is the price range of these plots:

Plot size Price range
5-marla PKR 4,500,000 – PKR 6,500,000

Block C

In this block, development work has been completed by 90% of the land, for which property possession has also been granted. It is believed to be the best block for genuine buyers as it is not surrounded by any villages and has no land pockets. This block only features 5-marla and 8-marla residential plots. Here are the rates:

Plot size Price range
5-marla PKR 5,500,000 – PKR 6,800,000
8-marla PKR 8,000,000 – PKR 8,500,000

Block D

This block is over 80% developed, with work going on in the remaining 20% area. For the developed area, DHA has already granted property possession. Unlike Blocks B and C, Block D features 5-marla, 8-marla and 10-marla residential plots. Here are the latest rates of these plots:

Plot size Price range
5-marla PKR 4,500,000 – PKR 6,200,000
8-marla PKR 7,500,000 – PKR 8,000,000
10-marla PKR 11,000,000 – PKR 12,500,000

Block E

Development work is yet to begin here, so possession for the 5-marla plot files, which are otherwise traded in market, is not available. DHA is looking to fill the land pocket that lies between Blocks A and C. As soon as the land is acquired, development work will be initiated here. This block features 5-marla, 1-kanal and 2-kanal residential plots. Among these options, the 1- and 2-kanal plot files, which are allotted to army officers, are not available for resale at the moment.

Plot size Price range
5-marla PKR 3,800,000 – PKR 4,200,000

Tips for the buyers

Asif believes that Block C is the best for genuine buyers looking to construct their homes in the near future as it has no local settlements in the neighbourhood. He has also told us that among the houses that are under construction in DHA IX Town, most are located in Block C.

With all the fresh information with you, we hope that moving ahead with your investment decision in DHA IX Town will be easier now. Nonetheless, if you have any questions or feedback for us regarding this blog, please feel free to leave a comment below. You can also talk to property experts on Zameen Forum by starting new discussion.

If you wish to speak to Royal Estate’s Muhammad Asif, please give him a call at +92-321-800-0353.

Tags

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Close
Close