Islamabad: The federal government and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) shortlisted 12 state-owned properties for privatization in a ‘phase-wise and sequential manner’.
In this regard, the Cabinet Committee on State-owned Properties considered the summary submitted by the Finance Division. It gave an in-principal approval to a list of 12 proposed organisations for privatization and restructuring.
Sources said that the government had decided to retain only those state-owned entities that had essential functions, along with those that were not feasible for the private sector.
According to the detail available, the government and IMF have shortlisted the following organisations for the next phase of privatization after consultations with the ministries concerned:
- House Building Finance Company Limited
- National Investment Trust Limited
- National Engineering Services Pakistan Limited
- Pakistan Environment Planning & Architectural Consultants Limited
- Overseas Employment Corporation Limited
- Pakistan Television Corporation Limited
- Pakistan Expo Centres Limited
- Sui Southern Gas Pipelines Limited
- Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation
- Utility Stores Corporation
- Zarai Taraqiati Bank